How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Wise Moves (Eco Movers T/A) collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our websites;
- People who contact us via social media;
- People who call our phone numbers;
- People who email us;
- People who use our services, e.g. customers who engage us to pack, transport, store, unpack and install their belongings or who subscribe to our newsletter or request a publication from us;
- Job applicants and our current and former employees
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits our website we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We recognize and respect your need for privacy and security as you visit our site.
When you visit our site to view pages and read information about us, you do so without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information.
While we do not collect identifying information about visitors to our site, we do use standard software to collect information for the strict purpose of tracking activity on our site. This allows us to understand how many people use our site and which pages and features are most popular. The only information we normally collect and store is
- The name of your Internet service provider
- The web site that referred you to us (if any)
- The date and time the pages were accessed
- The page or pages you requested
- Your approximate (nearest city) geographic location
You never transmit personally identifying information that you do not enter yourself, and this is always your option. This information cannot be collected unless you specifically elect to send it to us. This information is used internally only for the purpose of fulfilling the request or for contacting you directly and is not sold to any other organisation. Your information is transmitted directly to Wise Moves and stored on our servers in a secure environment.
We use a third-party provider, Lexis Click (Lexis Information Systems Ltd) to deliver our weekly e-newsletters via Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC). Both Lexis Click and Mailchimp will only be given your email address for the explicit purpose of delivering our e-newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information on how Lexis Click Process your email address, please see Lexis Click’s privacy statement here. For more information on how Mail Chimp processes your email address, please see Mail Chimp’s privacy notice here.
Security and performance
Wise Moves uses a third-party service, Lexis Click, to help maintain the security and performance of the Wise Moves website.
Website Maintenance and Development
From time to time, Wise Moves adds additional content to its websites. We use a third party, Lexis Click, to improve our website. Access to any personally identifiable information held in website databases is restricted to Lexis Click employees responsible for maintaining the Wise Moves websites. High security protocols are employed to ensure your personal information is stored in a secure environment in accordance with the latest internet security protocols. For further information on Lexis Click’s privacy notice please click here.
Content and Hosting
We use a third-party services to publish content on our websites publish our blog, and some of our conference microsites. This site is hosted by Heart Internet. We use a standard service for the hosting company to collect anonymous information about users' activity on the site, for example the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it. For more information about how Heart Internet processes data, please click here
People who contact us via social media
We use a third-party provider, Lexis Click, to manage our social media interactions.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will not be stored by Lexis Click. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
People who call our Phone Number
When you call Wise Moves various phone numbers we may use Calling Line Identification (CLI) information via a third party, ResponseTap. You will always be notified in advance if your call is being recorded and it is your choice whether you continue with the call. In the event your wish to speak to us on a non-recorded telephone line, please contact us on +44 20 8963 4000. All call recordings are deleted from the ResponseTap system after 30 days. Occasionally, for training and monitoring purposes, Wise Moves may choose to keep a call recording for longer than 30 days, for example in the event that an employee requires further training, identified as a result of the call recording. Access to call recordings are restricted to Wise Moves senior management. We use call recordings to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our customer service response and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. For information on how Response Tap processes this information please see their privacy notice here.
People who email us
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government guidelines. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Moving with Us
When you provide your personal details to us, the data is stored on our secure servers in the UK. We use a third party database, “Moveware”, to manage our operations which is maintained by Moveware Limited. For a copy of their privacy notice, click here.
If you use any of our services, we will retain your data for a period of 7 years after which time your data file will be deleted and database entries anonymised.
If we are providing you with an international moving service, you can find detailed information on how we process your personal data here.
In order to carry out your relocation, we need to collect certain personal information concerning yourself, those that accompany you on your relocation, your residence and your belongings. This information may be provided by your employer (if your employer is the booker of your relocation) or will be requested from yourself.
The collection and use of your personal data is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Wise Moves and her network partners have strict rules for the collection, storage, protection and release of your personal data:
- - any personal information collected will only be used for the purposes of carrying out your relocation and (if relevant) related activities and services such as insurance, interactions with authorities etc.;
- - personal information will only be shared with those parties or authorities involved in effecting your relocation. Wise Moves will never sell, trade or share personal information with third parties. Wise Moves and her network partners have strict privacy policies in place;
- - Wise Moves does not engage in profiling based on personal information. No automated decision making is done;
- - information may be shared with companies inside or outside the EU where this is necessary to carry out your relocation;
- - within the EU, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland, the GDPR regulations apply; outside the EU, some countries are considered to have sufficient protective legislation (Andorra, Argentina, Canada (except Quebec), Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Israel, Jersey, Uruguay, United States when EU-US Privacy Shield is in place, and Switzerland), all other countries do not meet the GDPR level of privacy protection;
- - - it may be that the origin or destination of your removal lies in a country that has no proper data protection regime as identified in the GDPR. In that case, Wise Moves is legally allowed to share this information with parties involved to ensure the effectuation of your removal;
- - - in any case, our Harmony Relocation network partners around the world are subject to strict internal policies concerning data protection that apply to our international removals;
- - Wise Moves uses the RedSky removal management platform by RedSky Mobility Solutions LLC, a company based in the United States. A valid EU-US Privacy Shield certificate is in place. Annual audits are held by independent auditors to ensure continued compliance with the GDPR;
- - Wise Moves retains removal files for 7 years for accountancy purposes. After this period, personal information is anonymised;
- - you have the right to access the information gathered by Wise Moves to demand correction of any incorrect information, or to have your personal information removed (within the limits of our legal retention). For this you may contact your move coordinator or the contact below;
- - you have the right to complain to the relevant authorities www.ico.org.uk/concerns if you feel your data privacy has been dealt with incorrectly.
Close this section on international removals.
We employ CCTV for the purposes of security and health and safety. We hold this footage for approximately 30 days after which time the footage is overwritten. The images may be provided to law enforcement or other regulatory bodies in the event of a security incident.
Job applicants, current and former Wise Moves employees
We have outlined below details about the type of information that Wise Moves keeps about job applicants, current and former employees and the purposes for which it keeps them. You can read more about this here.
Wise Moves believes that these uses are consistent with our employment relationship with each member of staff and with the principles of the Data Protection Act and the GDPR. Although the provisions of the GDPR apply to EU employees only, we follow the same general data principles for all employees worldwide regardless of region. The only exception to this relates to data storage as specified below.
During the recruitment process Wise Moves will ask for information about your personal and employment history. All of the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purposes of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal, regulatory or legitimate requirements if necessary.
If you are applying for a position within the European Economic Area (EEA), Wise Moves will not store any of your information outside the EEA. If you are applying for a position in the US, your data will be stored in the US. Wise Moves will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is held in electronic or physical format.
International Data Transfer
We will from time to time transfer HR related personal data to the USA for the purpose of processing your contract, or for a legitimate or legal reason. Any such data will be sent securely.
Wise Moves will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You do not have to provide what we have requested but it may affect your application if you don’t.
We will ask all candidates for personal details including their name and contact details. We will also ask for information about your previous experience, education, referees and for answers relevant to the role you have applied for. Our HR department and your Recruiting Manager will have access to all of this information.
You may be asked to provide equal opportunities information. This is not mandatory information. If you choose not to provide it, it will not affect your application. This information will only be made available to the HR department it will not be available to any other staff in a way which could identify you.
Any information you choose to provide will only be used to produce and monitor equal opportunities statistics.
The Selection Process
All external applicants who are to be formally interviewed will be asked to complete an Application and Pre-Employment Screening form (HRR 23).
The selection process will normally begin with a discussion between the Recruiting Manager and their Line Manager or Department Head in order to determine the selection approach. The appropriate selection method may not necessarily be limited to, but will always include, face to face interviews. We may also ask you to complete a test or attend other selection events such as a selection centre or psychometric testing. This information will be held by Wise Moves.
If, following assessment of your application for the position you have applied for, you are unsuccessful we will retain your information for a period of 6 months unless you instruct us otherwise.
In compliance with Wise Moves recruitment guidelines, if we make you a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment screening and vetting checks.
These checks include:
- Address confirmation
- Credit enquiry with Electoral Roll and ID Verification
- 5 year employment history check
- Basic criminal disclosure
- Right to work documentation verification
- Activity and Gap Verification 5 Year Gap 28 days
- DVLA if applicable for role
- Qualifications if applicable for role
Commencement of your employment is conditional on completion of Pre- Employment Screening and Vetting documentation. All checks are carried out to the standards of BS 7858:2012.
You will be required to provide the following to allow us to complete these checks:
- Proof of identity - Passport (any nationality), UK driving license, EU Photo Identity card, UK birth certificate (issued within 12 months of birth)
- Proof of address - e.g. a Bank or Credit Card Statement (dated within last 3 months)
- Proof of qualifications - you will be asked to provide original documents and we will take copies
We will provide your name and copies of your proof of identity, right to work and proof of address to our screening agents, BackCheck™, who will contact you to complete an application for a Basic Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. BackCheck™ will also contact your referees using the details you provide in your Application Form to obtain references.
You must successfully complete these pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer.
If we make a final offer and you accept, we will also ask you to provide the following:
- Bank details to process salary and other payments e.g. commission
- Emergency contact details so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work
Use of data processors
Data processors are third parties, such as BackCheck™, who provide elements of our recruitment service for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us.
Personnel Records & Retention
If you accept a final offer from us, some of your personnel records will be held on our HR software and physical records may also be held securely. These details will include:
- Contact names and addresses
- Bank details
- Date of birth
- Information gathered about you and any references gained during the recruitment process
- Details of terms of employment
- Payroll, tax and National Insurance information
- Performance information
- Details of grade and job duties
- Health records
- Absence records, including holiday and self-certification forms
- Details of any disciplinary investigations and proceedings
- Training records
- Correspondence with the Company and any other information provided to us
If you are successful, the information you provide during the recruitment and application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment plus 6 years following the end of your employment. This includes your Application Form, Medical Questionnaire, records of any security checks and references.
If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided up until that stage will be retained for 6 months and will then be securely disposed of.
Access to personal information / Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict or object to processing. For further information see our Policy on Employee Information and Data Protection (HRPS 03) for further details.
Disclosure of Employee Data
The information held will be for our management and administrative use only, but from time to time we may need to disclose some information we hold about employees to relevant third parties. We may also transfer information to another division within the Group or to an external company solely for purposes connected with your career or the management of Wise Moves’ business.
Wise Moves may also hold information about an employee for which disclosure to any third party will only be made when strictly necessary for the purposes as follows
- An employee’s health; for the purposes of compliance with our Health & Safety and occupational health obligations
- For the purposes of HR management e.g. the administration of insurance, pension, sick pay and other related benefits
- In connection with unspent convictions to enable us to assess an employee’s suitability for employment
Wise Moves requires all employees to comply with the DPA and the GDPR in relation to information about other staff. Failure to do so will be regarded as serious misconduct and will be dealt with according to the Company’s disciplinary policy and procedure. If an employee is in a position to deal with information about other employees they will be given separate guidance on their obligations.
The Group Managing Director has overall responsibility for compliance with DPA and GDPR.
Close this section on recruitment.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You can read more about these rights here.
Complaints or queries
Wise Moves tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Wise Moves’ collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can either email email@example.com or write to the Information Governance Department at Cadogan House, 239 Acton Lane, London NW10 7NP
If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the statutory body which oversees data protection law – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Access to personal information
Wise Moves tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form: and
- Provide it to you within one month from the date of the ‘subject access request’.
To make a request to Wise Moves for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Information Governance Department, or writing to the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting the Information Governance Department.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 1st May 2018.
How to contact us
Information Governance Department
Wise Moves (Eco Movers T/A)
239 Acton Lane